A series of improvisations by two (small) ensembles and a collaborattion.
Presented by the `Listening room` and hosted by the web application zoom and broadcast to the public via YouTube.
The players (the house band)
NICK BRANTON, reeds, MARTIN HACKETT, korg ms, PHIL MORTON, accidents and treatments (biography-cv)
This trio have met on a weekly schedule via the web application zoom during the COVID-19 lockdown. On this occasion the meeting is to be shared with another duo / trio and broadcast to the public via YouTube Live and presented as a concert..
The trio often apply fixed time constraints or duration to what is called free improvised music that normally has no fixed length. So it is with this concert presentation.
The set List
The show will feature three sets.
One Piece, Free improvised music, by the house band and trio
NICK BRANTON, reeds
MARTIN HACKETT, korg ms
PHIL MORTON, accidents and treatments (biography-cv)
Duration 15-20 minutes
Second Piece, Free improvised music, by the invited guests, a duo, trio or solo
Duration 15-20 minutes
Piece 3, all players perform together, free improvised music or a format as agreed.
Duration 10-20 minutes
Of peripheral interest is: The Listening Room: read more
The dates - 2020
the schedule is every two week
- 25.09.2020 - A pop-up show on Phil Morton's Facebook may pop up.
- 02.10.2020 - Featured guests, Paul Medley (bass Clarinet) and Gero Kempf (Double Bass)
- 09.10.2020 - Postponed, due to COVID-19 complications.
- 23.10.2020 - Featured guest Seth Bennett
- 06.11.2020 - Featured guests, Chris Parfitt, Guillermo Torres, Maggie Nicols
- 04.12.2020 - to feature Geoof Bright, Gill Whiteley, Nathan Bettany
- 18.12.2020 - Featured guest Késia Decoté, keyoboard and toy piano
The time of day
The default time is 14.30 BST. The time can be changed by mutual consent of the individuals involved. Improvisers in different time zones, please feel free to ask for the time to be changed.
What you need, the specifications
- An act of three players or less
- The players will play: free improvisation in music.
- All of the players need to have some experience in using zoom.
- support can be provided if there is no experience of using zoom
- An internet connection.
- A digital device that can connet to the internet that has the web app `zoom,us` installed.
- The `sets` are of a fixed duration, so the players need access to a clock.
The open call is for a second duo/trio or solo to join the `house band` for this broadcast.
Please complete this form:
Date and time maybe subject to changed to accommodate the diary commitments of the individual participants.