A series of improvisations by two (small) ensembles and a collaborattion.
Presented by the `Listening room` and hosted by the web application zoom and broadcast to the public via YouTube.
The players (the house band)
NICK BRANTON, reeds, MARTIN HACKETT, korg ms, PHIL MORTON, accidents and treatments (biography-cv)
This trio have met on a weekly schedule via the web application zoom during the COVID-19 lockdown. On this occasion the meeting is to be shared with another duo / trio and broadcast to the public via YouTube Live and presented as a concert..
The trio often apply fixed time constraints or duration to what is called free improvised music that normally has no fixed length. So it is with this concert presentation.
The dates - Spring into summer 2021
the schedule is every two week
- 14.05.2021 - Trio Performance + Guest to be confirmed
- 28.05.2021 - Trio Performance + Guest to be confirmed
- 11.06.2021 - Trio Performance + Guest to be confirmed
- 18.06.2021 - Trio Performance + Guest to be confirmed
- 02.07.2021 - Trio Performance + Guest to be confirmed
- 16.07.2021 - Trio Performance + Guest to be confirmed
- 30.07.2021 - Trio Performance + Guest to be confirmed
- 13.08.2021 - Trio Performance + Guest to be confirmed
- 27.08.2021 - Trio Performance + Guest to be confirmed
The set List
The show will feature three sets.
One Piece, Free improvised music, by the house band and trio
NICK BRANTON, reeds
MARTIN HACKETT, korg ms
PHIL MORTON, accidents and treatments (biography-cv)
Duration 15-20 minutes
Second Piece, Free improvised music, by the invited guests, a duo, trio or solo
Duration 15-20 minutes
Piece 3, all players perform together, free improvised music or a format as agreed.
Duration 10-20 minutes
Of peripheral interest is: The Listening Room: read more
The time of day
The default time is 14.30 BST/GMT . The time can be changed by mutual consent of the individuals involved. Improvisers in different time zones, please feel free to ask for the time and date to be changed.
What you need, the specifications
- An act of three players or less
- The players will play: free improvisation in music.
- All of the players need to have some experience in using zoom.
- support can be provided if there is no experience of using zoom
- An internet connection.
- An external microphone. applicants who only have access to `internal microphones` in a digital device will not be accepted.
- A digital device that can connet to the internet that has the web app `zoom,us` installed.
- The `sets` are of a fixed duration, so the players need access to a clock.
You act and players will have experience of playing free improvised music on a regular basis, in the public domain (concerts)
You and your act will have been invited to play at an event not hosted and promoted by yourself.
If this criteria does not fit your profile, i=okay, still aplly but we need to talk about it.
The open call is for a second duo/trio or solo to join the `house band` for this broadcast.
Please complete this form:
Date and time maybe subject to changed to accommodate the diary commitments of the individual participants.
Please make sure you have read the tab labelled ` Criteria, what we are listening for`