You are invited to this grŵp cynfas gwag - open session,
It is a music session. there maybe other artistic practices to be witnessed too.
The music is not composed.
It is free, ensemble improvised music,
Expect the following
- Free improvisation, to a fixed time limit e.g. 10minutes. referred to as `metered free improv`
- System 50:50 - for more information google it suggested script `improvisers network system 50;50`
- Un metered free improvisation
Criteria for participation
All levels of ability are welcome.
If you have never played free improvisation before, regardless of your technical abilities, you maybe asked to site and lsiten to one pice before you engage in the session.
Date and times
- 14.11.2021 Sunday
- Event start times: please arrive at 14.00 BST, and be good to go when the session starts at 14,30
free, there is no fee at present.
This event is scheduled to be monthly at this location.
There are plans for weekly events, using a range of venues in North wales.
Address: Nanerth, Pandy Tudor, Abergele LL22 8UN
Created and maintained by the artists, Andrew leslie Hooker and Meliisa Pusut
Anoikis is a contemporary dance company dedicated to choreographic and electroacoustic research. Anoikis is developing its signature live electroacoustic/experimental dance compositions to incorporate the languages of butoh and extreme characterization
The address: Nanerth, Pandy Tudor, Abergele LL22 8UN
Find the A548
From Llanrwst turn right onto B5384
From the north / Abergele direction turn left onto the B5348
After 1.4 miles (google maps says) turn right onto an unclassified road, which has a display with the word Nanerth on it
refer to the image below
Llanrwst (google maps) is 5.8 miles, the duration by car is 13 minutes.
Llanrwst has two railway stations, so be careful if you arrange to meet at the station!
The foreground road is the B5348, one of the signs (google street life) says Nanerth, take this track to reach your destination
The venue is well ventilated, it is a converted barn
Please confirm attendance by one of the following methods
- Send an email to Phil Morton : firstname.lastname@example.org
- By completing the `doodle` including the confirmation process.
Please do this, as the previous session was close to capacity taking into account best practice from a COVID-19 policy
Please take a `lateral flow` test (free from phramacies) either prior to tavelling or on arrival.
Interested? register here
Live in North Wales, work or visiting North Wales?
Sign up for the newsletter using the form and keep up to date by selecting the North Wales option
The one-stop mailing list on Free Improvisation in North Wales, for audiences and practitioners.
Here are two media files that are both short that is under five minutes and contrasting.
Photos and videos to follow
Date September 2021 Piece 4
Date September 2021 Piece 5
social media links and slack
Facebook Group:: follow this link:
Find us on Slack
Improvisers network North Wales has channels at the CoDl off grid account
Follow this link: https://codioffgrid.slack.com/home
To join the slack account, please contact Ash Cooke
Join us online
Improvisers North Wales manage and deliver sessions online that explore the nature and practice of free improvisation.
To learn more there are three options
- Go to the tab `Interested? register here` on this webpage, register and you will receive information by email.
- The online sessions are listed on the Improvisers wales start page.
- Attend one of the `in the flesh` sessions and speak to the team about online sessions.