about 11th March
Saturday 11.03.2022 Doors 14.00 - event start 14.30
- Search and reflect 14.30 - 15.15
- Ensemble work 15.30 - 16.15
- Concert element at 16.30 - 17.15
- Social time and discussion.
Tŷ Sain series has settled on the following format.
- Saturday afternoon sessions (or Sunday)
- 2-6 pm
- Modular, the session may will include the following
- Workshops pieces and exercises
- Ensemble playing
- A concert by guests, or a performance drawn from the participants present.
- All levels of ability are welcome to join us on the night. Bring what ever is to hand.
Criteria for participation in the ensemble playing and workshop section
The event will feature ensemble improvisations under the name of grŵp cynfas gwag
All levels of ability are welcome to join us on the night. Bring what ever is to hand.
Please make contact to share your intentions.
The music starts from a Blank Canvas, it is ensemble improvisations made without prior preparartion.
Date and times
- Saturday 11.03.2022 Doors 14.00 - event start 14.30
free, there is no fee at present during 2022.
Charges will be introduced in 2023
This events held in the Quaker meeting House Bangor are scheduled to be monthly.
There are plans for weekly events, using a range of venues in North Wales and Online
- 11.02.2023 - confirmed
- 18.02.2023 - 16.00 open session confirmed, location The Pontio, part of the Bangor New Music Festival.
- 11.03.2023 - confirmed, and delivered.
- 08.04.2023 - Confirmed
- 13.05.2023 - A venue has not been confirmed
- 10.06.2023 - The venue has been confirmed
Read more - before the event date
To read more before the event date visit the Improvisers Networks Online website - wales section and find the article for the date
Read more - after the event date
To read more after the event date visit the Improvisers Networks Online website - Wales event archive section and find the article for the date
The Friends Meeting House - The Quakers
6 Dean St,
Bangor LL57 1UP
About Tŷ Sain
Free ensemble improvisation in performance. a live music made without prior preparation
The starting point will be Bangor or Llandudno, but can be delivered anywhere:
The A55 corridor from Chester/Wrexham through to Aberdarron can be considered.
The objective for Improvisers North wales is to make free ensemble improvisation available on a weekly schedule for those who are interested.
Tŷ Sain concert series supports this objective and aims to provided monthly sessions that are part of this schedule.
Interested as an individual
want a gig
If you are part of a group who play free ensemble improvisations without prior preparation the Tŷ Sain concert series should be of interest to you.
If you are interested in performing at a Tŷ Sain concert please make contact:
- mobile n/a
Please be aware that the Tŷ Sain concert series lacks the finance to pay fees.
In some instances (not all) it can offer to cover expenses.
The project will work towards changing this financial weakness, it will be a long journey.