This online session supports
- Ensemble improvisations made without prior preparation - and online
- The use of zoom break out rooms means we can support any number of participants.
- Open access - there is no peer to peer review of applicants - all levels of musical experience are welcome.
- You can bring whatever is in your sonic tool box.
- An online session to support a hybrid working pattern for improvisers.
- It will increases your frequency of playing, ensemble improvisations.
- You do not have to travel to the venue, come rain or shine.
- The participants will come from a wider geographical capture.
- A different social, community vibe - you are often face to face with everyone in the room.
- A digital intergration with other online applications.
- Your evelopment can be supported by the recording of the sessions and the sharing of these recordings. In zoom this is a simpler process for the host than if we are in a room.
System 50;50 for improvisers supports.
- Notes to follow
The proposed schedule (launched 13.03.2023) is to deliver the sessions every two weeks
This translates as the follow during 2023.
Monday, January 9, 2023
Monday, January 23, 2023
Monday, February 6, 2023
Monday, February 20, 2023
Monday, March 6, 2023
Monday, March 20, 2023
Monday, April 3, 2023
Monday, April 17, 2023
Monday, May 1, 2023
Monday, May 15, 2023
Monday, May 29, 2023
Monday, June 12, 2023
Monday, June 26, 2023
Monday, July 10, 2023
Monday, July 24, 2023
Monday, August 7, 2023
Monday, August 21, 2023
Monday, September 4, 2023
Monday, September 18, 2023
Monday, October 2, 2023
Monday, October 16, 2023
Monday, October 30, 2023
Monday, November 13, 2023
Monday, November 27, 2023
Monday, December 11, 2023
Suggested scripts for the form
- Name of event, please eneter Ensemble 50:50 Online
- Location: please enter, On zoom
- Comments: add your comments and any requests for support with Zoom and the associated technologies required to support online participation.
Notes to follow.
To register for this event and project via eventbrite, please follow the link below.
The link will display all events posted to the Improvisers Networks Online account.
If an event has been posted it should be displayed within the list, if there is an omission it is because we have not updated the Eventbrite acount - yet: but we will
Ensemble 50:50 online is delivered by Zoom.
IF ZOOM AND ASSOCIATED TECHNOLOGIES ARE A CHALLENGE TO YOU PLEASE REGISTER AND WE WILL HAVE A CONVERSATION LATER.
How? please complete the registration form and in the comments section, request a chat about zoom and associated technologies that support an online event.
IF ZOOM IS NOT A CHALLENGE SIMPLY COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION FORM DISPLAYED IN THE TAB `Registration`
About System 50:50
The Blank Canvas Octet is a project exploring free ensemble improvisation in music in a large ensemble context. It uses the ‘system 50:50` - where chess clocks are used to bring cohesion to the sound field which can often become cluttered. The result is a dynamic and shifting canvas of sound that allows small discreet sounds to be heard and deeper layers to be felt and expressed. An exciting project to participate in, to witness and to hear.
Charlie Collins, improviser, Sheffield wrote on system 50:50 “Definitely something with LOADS of possibilities - the reaction in the car driving back was unbelievably positive - no one could remember playing in a large ensemble that was so "open". The openness allowed me to play quietly, which meant the dynamics were incredible for an improvising large ensemble.” -
Another point of listening comes from Simon Ross, Macclesfield. `System 50/50 works well - it’s a really good way to get a group to play effectively without egos, virtuosity, and shyness getting in the way. It is democratic, inclusive, coherent, leaderless, focused, there is room to think and time to listen, choices. It is less competitive and more cooperative. Ends well.`
More information about system 50:50 here
Join the team
A team of four people are required to make this a sustainable long term project.
A team of four will make this a sustainable project by using standard management processes.
Work load: Four people working one hour per month will make this work.
In the short term, if you are interested in managing this project please complete the registration form and simple add some text in the comments section.
Suggested script: I would like to join the project team.
More citation to follow